How do I apply for a building permit for rural Douglas County or for the City of Bennington?
You can find more information about applying for a building permit for rural Douglas County or for the...
What are noxious and nuisance weeds?
To learn more about noxious and nisance weeds, please see our detailed information by clicking the...
Where can I take unwanted paint, cleaning products, and pesticides?
You can take your unwanted paint, cleaning products, and pesticides to the Household Hazardous...
Where is the landfill and when is it open? What can I take to the landfill?
Douglas County contracts with Waste Management for the general operation and maintenance of the...
Welcome to Douglas County Environmental Services
Douglas County will once again sponsor the Center For Watershed Protection's stormwater webcast series in 2015.
Make a difference! 5 simple things you can do to reduce water pollution!
The Department of Environmental Services is located at:
3015 Menke Circle
Omaha, NE 68134
Phone: 402-444-6181 Map
Public Information Policy
We provide services in the following areas:
- Landfills – include responsibility for both active and closed landfills in Douglas County.. more information
- Landscape Maintenance - This service along with snow removal is provided for a number of facilities.. more information
- Noxious and Nuisance Weeds - This is provided consistent with the Nebraska Noxious Weed Act and Douglas County Weed Abatement Law.. Noxious and Nuisance Weeds
- Permits and Inspections - This division issues building permits for various projects and performs all inspections to assure appropriate building codes and zoning regulations are in compliance.. more information
- Planning and Zoning - This division provides planning and zoning administration and assistance to the Douglas County planning and zoning jurisdiction.. more information
- Stormwater Permit Administration - is working in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge
Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Stormwater Permit.. more information
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.