Welcome to Douglas County Environmental Services
Douglas County will once again sponsor the Center For Watershed Protection's stormwater webcast series in 2014.
Series 2 Session 1: Local TMDLs & Regional/River Basin TMDLs
Series 2, Session 1: Local TMDLs & Regional/River Basin TMDLs: A Happy Engagement or a Shotgun Wedding?
Speakers: Karen Cappiella, Program Director, Research, Center for Watershed Protection, Inc. (Ellicott City, MD) Jeffrey Seltzer, P.E., Associate Director, Stormwater Management Division, District Department of Environment, Government of the District of Columbia (Washington, DC)
Dates: October 8, 2014 • Time 12-2
Increasingly, TMDLs are nested, with TMDLs for local waterways addressing local impairments (e.g., for bacteria, biological standards, dissolved oxygen, local pollutants) nested within larger watershed or river basin TMDLs, that are likely to address nutrients and sediment. Examples include the Chesapeake Bay, Great Lakes, Mississippi Basin, and several large river basins in the Northeast. The question is whether these TMDLs “talk to each other,” and how communities can best pick the most effective suite of BMPs to address TMDLs at all levels. This webcast will explore the issue of nested TMDLs and how analytical tools are emerging to integrate and coordinate management practices implemented at the local and regional levels.
The Department of Environmental Services is located at:
3015 Menke Circle
Omaha, NE 68134
Phone: 402-444-6181 Map
Public Information Policy
We provide services in the following areas:
- Landfills – include responsibility for both active and closed landfills in Douglas County.. more information
- Landscape Maintenance - This service along with snow removal is provided for a number of facilities.. more information
- Noxious and Nuisance Weeds - This is provided consistent with the Nebraska Noxious Weed Act and Douglas County Weed Abatement Law.. more information
- Permits and Inspections - This division issues building permits for various projects and performs all inspections to assure appropriate building codes and zoning regulations are in compliance.. more information
- Planning and Zoning - This division provides planning and zoning administration and assistance to the Douglas County planning and zoning jurisdiction.. more information
- Stormwater Permit Administration - is working in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge
Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Stormwater Permit.. more information